Monday, May 08, 2006

Overall Reflection On Blogging Through The Semester

I've looked through most of the blogs I have written throughout the semester and noticed most of them were revisions of philosophy work I have done, as well as music and poetry. This might seem a bit unrelated, but I don't really think so. I've actually learned something about myself for what it's worth. (The philosophical nature of music as it relates to the poetic structure of its lyrics, perhaps?) Through all of this I've been able to revise philosophical views I've previously written which have given me fresh insights. I've looked more deeply into the music which is the inspiration for quite a bit of my poetry, and I've drawn out the philisophical viewpoints of a few of my favorite artists. All in all I think without realizing it I've focused on these things for a reason. That reason is because my passion for music, poetry and philosophical thinking is my way of describing who I am as a person. I don't think I would have realized this had I not been required to do these blogging exercises and I can honestly say I am glad for it. (I know I swayed quite a bit from what was originally recomended for our blogs, but I think I gained more from doing so. I might suggest requring blogging for future classes, but giving students more leeway as far as what they write, then requiring an overall reflection of what they're entries tell them about themselves as people and as writers at the end. Maybe that was the original point of this whole exercise, maybe not. Either way I feel I have taken something away from this class and gained a new insight on myself both as a writer and as a person. Thank you.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home